RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following rules and regulations are established by the Coburn Park Commission. Anyone using the park is obliged to follow them.
1. The park’s season is from Memorial Day through Columbus Day. The park closes at sunset.
2. The use of all areas shall be limited to the purposes for which they are being preserved and to activities determined by the Coburn Park Commissioners to be compatible with the intended use of the facility.
3. Children under 10 are not permitted in the park without adequate supervision.
4. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
5. Disorderly conduct is prohibited. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, indecent acts, intoxication, or coarse language.
6. Open fires are not allowed. Charcoal or propane fires are permitted only in receptacles designed for that purpose.
7. Wheeled vehicles, including motorcycles, shall be parked only in designated areas. Motorized vehicles are not allowed on grassed areas.
8. Pets must be under the control of their owners at all times. Skowhegan Town Ordinances require owners to clean up animal wastes.
9. Please use trash cans.
10. The removal, injury, or damage of anything natural, physical, or historical within the park is strictly prohibited.
11. Unauthorized soliciting is prohibited.
12. Any use of the pond is prohibited including, but not limited to, wading, swimming and/or boating in the pond.
13. The use of any tobacco product including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, snuff, dip, snus, e-cigarettes, and chewing tobacco is prohibited.
14. Arrangements for group use or for use of facilities must be made in advance by contacting Davida Barter (Monday through Friday 8 – 5 at 474-3324) and completion of an application. Groups are limited to those areas designated or assigned for that purpose. All groups must be accompanied by a sufficient number of adult supervisors.
Any violation of any of these rules constitutes grounds for dismissal from the park.